owl

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

All 8 survived!

Flu season has been rampant around our area & I have been especially diligent in keeping my kids away from stores & other germ infested areas. We've only been leaving the house for church & 4H. I go to the grocery store myself when necessary. I'm not a germ-a-phobe but my husband is & since my now 5 yo was hospitalized at 10wks for RSV, I try to keep winter germs away. But, we managed to contract the dreaded sickness anyway.

I took the 3 big kids to Winter Jam which is a 5.5hr Christian rock concert with over 30,000 people. I got a migraine during the concert that just wouldn't go away & by Monday I was beginning of influenza. Now, don't get me wrong. I didn't get the flu shot & neither did my 6 kids or my husband. The flu isn't really that bad. I'm quite sure that we would have been just fine except for the fact that I began this journey with a 3 day migraine & all day morning sickness on top of it all. The rest of the family did not get it as bad as I did, for which I am so thankful. But, I was wiped out & now that 3wks have passed I've just not begun to get my energy back. If it weren't for my husband & my mother-in-law taking care of absolutely everything for a week so that I could rest & fight this...well let's just say it would've been horrible for me to try to remember everyone's acetaminophen, Tamilflu, & be a good mama.

I still don't think that we'll get a flu shot next year. Unless one of us develops an immune deficiency or this new baby is a premie, we'll just take it if it comes. I don't like all the scare tactics that you get through the media. Your body is made to fight off diseases & I don't think adding unnecessary things is good for us. But that's my soap box & it's another post. (*Note* I do vaccinate my kids so don't get your panties in a twist)

The purpose of this post is to say thank you to my husband & my very giving mother-in-law! I really appreciate all you did for me & the kids.We are so blessed to have you!


No comments: