owl

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Zoo trip!






My family just loves to go to the zoo. We love it so much that we travel 2.5 hours west to Omaha to go to the Henry Doorly Zoo. It's awesome & the best time to go is in the winter. All the zoo keepers are walking around with less to do since there aren't as many people so they will just sit and talk with you. Yesterday we even got a sneak peak into the inside of the Cat Complex where a lovely man let us view that male lion who was not on display. It was so awesome, he growled & swiped at the keeper and made that low sound in his throat that just makes you go all tingly inside.











We got to see our special butterfly with our name engraved on it outside the brand new butterfly building that opened last year. **Note** Julia & I WILL NOT be heading back to the insect part of the butterfly building as they let some spiders just go where ever and we DO NOT appreciate silver dollar size spiders in webs so close without glass separating us. I tried not to have a heart attack while running with my head down out of the building! (Hazards of being bitten by a poisonous spider) The zoo helper outside the door had the nerve to say that the mama spider had just had babies & they wouldn't hurt anyone so they let them go wherever they want! WHAT! If you have a heart attack from the sheer terror of seeing a spider that big with the ability to drop on you at any second...I'd call that hurting people.








Corbin had issues with the goats in the petting zoo- they were a little too curious for his liking. He kept saying "Dote" meaning "don't touch my stuff, don't chew on my snow suit, don't lick my water bottle". Good thing he had older siblings to practice that line on for just such an occasion.
Corbin loved the aquarium & the penguins! He wanted to watch the penguins all day! Some were having races & I let him crawl under the posts right up to the window to see them up close. But if the animals aren't moving he's not interested. We did see a couple of the cutest monkeys in the jungle I have ever seen. (See pictures)

Look at our growing Gorilla family!









Every year I want to take a picture of this water fall outside the Gorilla Canyon & I finally have some. Isn't this gorgeous!












Sage does a pretty good job taking pictures!




No comments: