owl

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I left last Friday to go stay with Aubrey and help while she's on bed rest. I got to see my mom for a day before she flew out and I had a nice time with my niece & nephew (Aub & Nick, too). Please, if you think about it, pray for my sister. She's not used to going any speed but really FAST and it's hard to lay still when you feel fine. I got back from Aubrey's house on Wednesday night after driving in holiday traffic for quite some time...I left Aub's at 12:37 and got home at 5:26pm! For those of you who know Minneapolis traffic, I got to go 15 mph until I was about 5 miles from the I35W south/I35 south merge! I did stop for a 1/2 hour to take care of Corbin but it was still a long trip that normally takes 4 hrs at the most.

It's been nice to be home but I must admit that not having Sage here creates quite a hole. Sage got to go with Gma Glenna, Gpa Bill, & Gma Sparks to Kansas City to see Aunt Opal, Lance, & Uncle Steve. I am glad he's having a great time (probably being really spoiled!!!) but I'll also be really glad when he gets home. I haven't been gone from any of my kids for so long before. 

Our day consisted of a quick trip to Cub Foods (so I could get dinner supplies we were missing), high stakes checkers games, playing outside with the neighbors' grandkids, cooking & eating, book reading, & lots of loving. Tomorrow I was thinking of putting up the Christmas decorations but I think I'll wait for Sage to get home now. Maybe I'll hit all the sales tomorrow ;)

I hope your day was full of people to be thankful for!

No comments: